Friday, August 28, 2009

10 Months (Almost)



On Monday, we will hit our 10 months of waiting. I really thought we would have received our referral by now. For some unknown reason, the referrals from our agency have slowed quite a bit. The courts in Ethiopia are closed from Aug 21-Oct 6, so we will have to wait until October to get a court date anyway. We just want to see Ava's little face!!!!!! I tried to take a picture of the waiting list that our group has made online. Not sure if you can actually read it, but our name is at the top of the list! I feel like Dory in "Finding Nemo"......instead of "just keep swimming", I keep saying to myself, "just keep waiting, just keep waiting!"
The estimated wait for a baby girl is 9-11 months and we are at 10 months, so it that referral has to be coming VERY SOON!

1 comment:

Crazy Roots in Africa said...

I can't imagine it being much longer with all the babies reported to be there after all these latest traveling families! You'll be rejoicing like crazy SOON and all of this wait time will be a distant memory! On the edge of my seat, ready to scream for you!!!!!
Gina Root AWAA YG